02 Jan The Best Travel Backpacks for Women – Top Ladies Rucksack List
|Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. This means that if you buy a product or service after clicking on these links, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) which helps pay for the upkeep of this website.
What is the best backpack for ladies? Well, women have different needs compared to men when it comes to backpacks which is why we created a separate list just for you.
Generally speaking backpacks are ‘unisex’ or ‘women’s’. What’s the difference?
Female specific backpacks are designed for women by having a shorter back length and have extra padding so that they are more comfortable on your hips. They may also have shoulder straps that are shaped so provide extra comfort around the chest.
That being said, the Osprey Farpoint, a unisex backpack, ticks every box and is an excellent choice as a backpack for your next trip. The Osprey Farpoint 40l is also an excellent carry on backpack. Another options, although not carry on sized, is the Berghaus Wilderness which has the adjustable biofit system.
Update: Osprey have since released the Osprey Fairview, the female counterpart to the unisex Osprey Farpoint. The backpacks are the same except slight differences to the shoulder straps and hip belt.
Below is a list of female specific backpacks. For our unisex list and more detailed information on picking a backpack, check out our general best backpack list for more options.
- Best Ladies Rucksacks and Travel Backpacks for Women
Best Ladies Rucksacks and Travel Backpacks for Women
A mainstay of the Osprey brand, The Fairview Woman’s rucksacks are perfect for travelling to places where wheels won’t go. Available in a convenient 40L size that conforms to the EU maximum carry-on luggage size dimension, or the larger hold-hugging 55 and 70L versions, these durable and versatile bags have lots of useful features you would expect from the Osprey brand. The Fairview 40 has integrated mesh compartments, laptop/tablet sleeve, and a documents sleeve, while the 55 and 70L version offer detachable daypacks.
- Die-cut spacer mesh hipbelt and harness
- Light weight peripheral frame
- Zip away harness and hipbelt
- Panel zip access to main compartment with lockable zippers
- Padded laptop and tablet sleeve
If you’re looking for carry-on luggage that is both functional and stylish, the The Travel Hack Pro Cabin Case by Cabin Max is the way to go. With a 28 litre main compartment, padded laptop slot and an integrated hand compartment this luggage has everything you’ll need for those quick getaways. The dimensions are 50x40x20cm which will be suitable as hand luggage for most airlines. The case looks slick too with faux leather and rose gold detailing.
- Telescopic and carry handles
- Suitable for most airlines
- Handbag compartment with internal pockets
- 28 litre main compartment
- Padded laptop slot
The Osprey Aura offers exceptional levels of comfort and durability with its unique suspended AG AntiGravity™ backsystem which incorporates the world’s first fully ventilated hipbelt. With a 50L capacity, this seamless mesh and 3D cavity back panel rucksack also benefits from the ExoForm™ Biostretch™ harness, load lifter bar and the Fit-on-the-Fly™ hipbelt for ultimate comfort and stability whilst travelling. Base zip and top-lid entry points make for easy access wherever you are, and the large sleeping bag base allows you to store your belongings separately
- High quality and durable design that comes with a lifetime warranty
- Unique suspended AG AntiGravity™ backsystem for fully customisable comfort
- Easy access entry points
- Osprey Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachments and separate sleeping bag area
- Internal divers and padded pockets for addition space and security
Perfect for multi-day trips, the Wilderness Women’s backpack is the most advanced travel bag in the Berghaus collection. Utilising the unique Berghaus BIOFIT™back system, this rucksack won’t weigh you down as you walk, and comes complete with a pre-curved hip belt offering added support. With a 60+15 capacity, as well as expansion panels and a foam panel that fully unzips, you can make light work of long journeys.
- 60 litre capacity with an additional 15litres in two expansion side pockets
- BIOFIT™ back system
- Top tension straps
- Height adjustable chest strap
- Pre-curved hipbelt
- Easy access from panel
- Zipped internal pockets
- Walking pole attachment points
The Osprey Ariel is packed with features and useful additions, and has more than enough room to carry everything you need for your travels. It is also incredibly comfortable as the rigid back panel and well-padded suspension system helps to keep large loads fully supported for longer. With top lid access, lots of handy internal compartments and a hydration system, The Osprey Arial is a great backpack for multi-day adventures.
- Designed specifically to help transfer weight across the body for more comfortable load bearing
- A G AntiGravity 3D Suspended Backpanel and Lumbar
- Top Lid Access
- Adjustable Torso Length
- Internal zipped pockets, water bottle holder and walking pole attachments points
The Kelty Redwing comes in a variety of sizes including 40, 44 and 50 litre capacity., and all sizes are designed with both comfort and durability in mind. With its cabin friendly dimensions, and easy to access compartments, the 40L Redwing is one of the most popular women’s rucksacks on the market today. Padded shoulder straps and hip belt contoured especially for woman, make the Redwing a practical and comfortable vessel for you to carry your belongings everywhere with you.
- Zippered size pockets (which can also fit water bottles)
- Large padded front pocket with storage compartments
- Side compression straps
- Grab and carry handle
- Contoured hip belt and shoulder straps
With its slim profile and adaptive, women’s-specific Response A3W Suspension, the Gregory Deva 60 will keep you moving even when the going gets tough. This is a mid-sized women’s backpacking pack that works equally as well on tight, rough terrain as it does on sunny strolls in the countryside. With an ultra-light removable daypack, a top loading design with a U-zip panel for easy access and customisable contouring for a precise fit, this is an practical size rucksack with a host of big features.
- LumbarTune offers user-customisable contouring for a precise fit
- LifeSPan EVA foam harness and hip belt
- Removable rain cover stoves
- Top-loading design with front U-zip panel access
- SideWinder stowable ergonomic bottle holster
This travel bag from Osprey can be used as both a wheeled bag and a rucksack, making it the perfect choice for a wide variety of terrain and travel destinations. Featuring a trampoline suspended mesh backsystem, a durable HighRoad chassis with sealed bearing wheels and a retractable ErgoGrip handle, the Sojourn is available in 60 and 80 litres capacities, making it an excellent choice for round the world travel.
- Internal organisation compartments with interlacing mesh pockets and internal compression straps
- Straightjacket side wings for comfort and increased stabilisation
- Versatile wheeled case/backpack crossover design
- Solid wheels and injection moulded chassis for stable wheeled travel
- Choice of 60 or 80 litre capacity
This 60 + 20L rucksack offers two bags in one, making it perfect for long treks overseas and days out when you get there. With padded handles, acres of internal space and handy pockets and storage compartments, you should easily be able to fit everything you need for your adventure. The adjustable back systems makes if easy for the wearer to adjust the shoulder straps to find a comfortable position and alleviate the risk of back ache. Chest straps help to stabilise the rucksack when it is fully loaded.
- Detachable day pack for smaller loads and shorter journeys
- Adjustable back system for customisable comfort
- Front organiser pockets and internal pockets
- Hip and chest straps for complete stabilisation
- Divisible main comparable to separate belongings
The Deuter Transit is a suitcase/backpack combination with a 50L capacity in the main compartment, and a removable 12L daypack. It comes complete with a single carry strap as an alternative to the Vari-Quick concealed back system making it easy to carry in a variety of ways. It also features a separate bottom section for attaching shoes, sleeping bags and other items.
- U-shaped zip opens up completely for full access to the main compartment
- Compact detachable daypack for short trips
- Padded detachable carry strap
- Vari-Quick concealable back system for customisable comfort
- Compression straps to keep belongings flat and crease free
This great value multi-day backpack offers 60L of flexible storage capacity, as well as the Berghaus signature BIOFIT backsystem for customisable comfort. The Trailhead also comes with a pre-curved hip belt for added stability and a multitude of handy pockets and compartments including a bivy divider and multiple attachments points.
- Find your perfect fit with the BIOFIT back system for customisable comfort
- Side pockets, top lid pockets and bottle pockets help to keep your belongings separate
- Raincover included
- Pre-curved hip belt for ultimate support and comfort
- Compatible with the Berghaus design hydration system
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy a product after clicking on these links, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) which helps pay for the upkeep of this website.